Institute of Prosecutor's Office
Director: Chashnikov Vsevolod Alexandrovich
Candidate of Juridical Sciences
Address: 21 Komsomolskaya St., office 317, 320, 406, 402 Ekaterinburg, Russia 620137
Telephone: +7 (343) 374-44-22
Deputy Director of the Institute: Volgina Anastasia Nikolaevna
Deputy Director of the Institute: Kalistratova Natalia Sergeevna
Deputy Director of the Institute: Ibragimova Solmaz Azer kizi
Deputy Director of the Institute: Agleeva Lilia Tahirianovna
Candidate of Juridical Sciences
The main mission of the USLU Institute of Prosecutor's Office
Training of qualified personnel for bodies and institutions of the Prosecutor's office of the Russian Federation, satisfying the society and state’s demand for highly qualified lawyers.
The main aim of the USLU Institute of Prosecutor's Office
Create conditions for systematic improvement of the quality and expansion of opportunities for higher legal education in the fields of study and specialties implemented by the Institute of Prosecutor's office through the development of digital educational space, including through the introduction of online courses and modern educational technologies.
The main objectives of the USLU Institute of Prosecutor's Office are:
· meeting the individual's intellectual, cultural, moral and physical development needs;
· training of students in the field of study 40.03.01. "Jurisprudence" (qualification (degree) - "bachelor");
· training of specialists in the specialty 40.05.04 "Judicial and prosecutorial activities", specialization "Prosecutor's activity" (qualification - "lawyer");
· training of students in the field of study 40.04.01 "Jurisprudence" (qualification (degree) - "master") in the program "Prosecutor's activity";
· ensuring sustainable competitiveness of the Institute of the Prosecutor's Office of the Ural State Law University among other Russian educational institutions that implement similar educational programs;
· improving the educational process and its quality through the introduction of digital teaching technologies and other modern principles of higher legal education;
· interaction with the bodies and institutions of the Prosecutor General's Office of the Russian Federation in order to improve the process of training the profession of a prosecutor;
· improving the quality of educational activities in order to effectively implement the statutory activities of USLU;
· accumulation, preservation and enhancement of moral, cultural and scientific values of the Russian society;
· dissemination of knowledge among the population, improving its educational and cultural level.
The principles of educational activity of the USLU Institute of Prosecutor's office are:
· differentiation and multi-level education
· diversity and variability of educational programs implemented in accordance with modern requirements of the Prosecutor General's office of the Russian Federation to the professional qualities of graduates;
· informatization based on the extensive use of information technologies in the education process;
· development of practical, scientific and innovative activities;
· participation in priority projects of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation "Modern digital educational environment in Russia", "Development of the export potential of the Russian education system".
Students and graduates of the USLU Institute of Prosecutor's office are one large friendly family, a close-knit team that lives and works under the motto: "Institute of Prosecutor's Office – center of legal culture!".
We are proud of graduates of USLU Institute of Prosecutor's office: Prosecutor General of Russia 2006-2020 U.Ya. Chaika, Judge of the Constitutional Court of Russia A.N. Kokotov, Judge of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Kazakhstan (earlier Prosecutor General of Kazakhstan) A.K. Daulbaev and many others!
Institute of Prosecutor's office Video
Institute of State and International Law
Director: Savitsky Andrey Ivanovich
Candidate of Juridical Sciences
Address: 23 Komsomolskaya St., office 306, 307, 309 Ekaterinburg, Russia 620137
Telephone: +7 (343) 378-84-54
Working hours: Mon-Fri from 8:30 to 16:00 break from 13:00 to 13:30.
Sat from 8:30 to 14:00 break from 11:00 to 11:30
Deputy Director of the Institute: Smirnova Kristina Alexandrovna
Deputy Director of the Institute: Maxim Mikhailovich Matveev
Training of highly qualified lawyers to work in public authorities, local self-government bodies, state corporations, constitutional justice bodies, offices of human rights Ombudsman, children's rights, and other human rights organizations; to work in international organizations, diplomatic and consular institutions, organizations in the sphere of foreign economic activity, companies with foreign participation, foreign organizations, and institutions.
Features of education at the Institute of State and International Law:
· deep integration of the educational process with practical activities;
· connection of education with student science;
· in-depth English language learning and the possibility of continuing language practice;
· opportunity to participate in Federal and international scientific and legal projects;
· study in a unique international student team from 15 countries.
History. Achievements. Graduates
The Institute is the successor and heir of two unique educational divisions – the Institute of Management and Law and the Institute of Foreign Economic Relations and Law.
In 2007, as a result of the reorganization of the Institute of Foreign Economic Relations and Law and the Department of International Law and the Department of Management and Law, the Institute of State and International Law of the Ural State Law Academy was founded. From 2007 to 2018, the Institute was headed by Professor Svetlana Eduradovna Nesmeyanova. The Institute has been headed by Associate Professor of the Department of Criminal Law Danil Nazipovich Sergeev.
International relations of the Institute
The Institute actively develops close relationships with the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg (Germany), The center for interdisciplinary research (Brazil), Shihihutug University (Mongolia), Beijing Union University (China).
Students of the master's program "International protection of human rights" have the opportunity to complete internships and practice at the Venice Commission, UN bodies and other international organizations.
Students of the Institute annually participate in leading international legal competitions and international model trials, such as such as the F. Martens, Ph. Jessup competitions, European Human Rights Moot Court, International Criminal Court Moot Court, International Client Consultation Competition.
The Institute has the oldest legal clinic of the University and the Ural region, founded in 1998.
The main aim of the Legal Clinic is to provide training of senior students in practical jurisprudence to develop the ability to apply the acquired knowledge, skills, and personal qualities for successful professional activities in the field of jurisprudence.
In the course of its work, the legal clinic cooperates with the law enforcement bodies of Ekaterinburg, public and non-profit regional and Russian organizations, and the human rights Ombudsman of the Sverdlovsk Region.
Institute of Justice
Director: Azarenok Nikolay Vasilyevich
Doctor of Juridical Sciences
Address: 54 Kolmogorova St., office 101, 102, 108, 109, 110 Ekaterinburg, Russia 620034
Telephone: +7 (343) 227-66-33
Deputy Director of the Institute: Samarina Daria Grigorievna
Deputy Director of the Institute: Semenovykh Anastasia Evgenievna
Deputy Director of the Institute: Velichkova Alexandra Viktorovna
Deputy Director of the Institute: Edigaryev Dmitry Evgenievich
The Institute of justice has been functioning in the structure of USLU for more than 40 years (since 1976). First as the Investigative and criminalistic faculty, and as the Institute since 1997.
Currently, it is one of the largest institutes in the structure of the University. There are more than 2,500 students, a significant part of whom study on a state-funded (free of charge) basis.
The Institute of Justice is dynamic, ready to master and implement everything new and advanced in the field of legal science, education, and practice. It is famous for its traditions, which have been laid and maintained over the years.
Graduates of the Institute work in various federal and regional state authorities, local self-government bodies, courts, justice agencies, prosecutor's office, security, investigation, customs, tax service, advocacy, notary, legal services of organizations and institutions of various forms of ownership (law firms, banks, manufacturing and trading enterprises, branches of foreign companies, etc.).
History of the USLU Institute of justice
After renaming the Sverdlovsk Law Institute to the Ural State Law Academy, the Investigative and criminalistic faculty was renamed first to the Investigative faculty, and then to the Institute of justice in 1997.
Over its 40 years of history, the Institute of Justice has not only changed quantitatively, increasing its student body, but also acquired a new quality.
Since 2011, the Institute of justice has introduced a master's degree program, which currently has more than 600 students in 6 master's programs:
- modern civil procedure and administrative proceedings (head - Professor S. K. Zagainova);
- criminal procedure: judicial activity (head - Professor A.D. Proshlyakov);
- investigative activities (head - Professor A. A. Belyakov);
- advocacy (head - Professor A.A. Davletov);
- civil law (head - Professor B. M. Gongalo);
- criminal law (head - Professor I. Ya. Kozachenko).
In 2007, the first Law Clinic was established at the Institute of Justice in order to implement the constant practice of students. Working in a Legal clinic was not only considered for students as passing an educational or industrial practice, but here students also began to get the first skills of independent professional activity.
Over 40 years of its history, the Institute of Justice has taken a number of serious steps in the development of scientific activity.
International cooperation of the Institute includes inviting foreign professors for teaching and students for training, sending students to foreign universities, organizing conferences, seminars, round tables, implementing projects on grants allocated by foreign partners, teaching and publishing scientific articles abroad, participating in international and foreign conferences, as well as foreign scientific internships.
Our students are always characterized by a thirst for knowledge and practical experience, a belief in the eternal moral values of goodness, justice, and honesty. The irrepressible energy of first-year students is preserved for the entire period of study and helps graduates to achieve their ideas and achieve goals in the future.
Graduates of the Institute of Justice - lawyers of the highest standard!
Institute of Law and Business
Director: Bryukhov Roman Borisovich
Candidate of Juridical SciencesAddress: 54, Kolmogorova Str., office 302, 204 Yekaterinburg, Russia, 620034
Telephone: +7 (343) 367-40-84
Deputy Director of the Institute: Terskikh Anna Ilyinichna
Candidate of Juridical Sciences Deputy Director of the Institute: Gazaryan Arevik Vagramovna
The Institute of law and business is a major educational division of USLU. More than 700 students study here every year.
We prepare highly qualified professionals engaged in legal support of business in all areas of Russian and international economy.
The Institute dates back to 1973, when the Department of Economic Law was founded at the Sverdlovsk Law Institute. In 1993, the department was renamed Economic and Legal Department. In April 1997 it was reorganized into the Institute of Law and Business.
Education at the Institute of law and business is carried out in the following fields of study:
- "Jurisprudence" (qualification "Bachelor", 4 years of study, full-time).
- "Jurisprudence" (qualification "Specialist ", 6 years of study, extramural form, profile "economic justice").
- "Jurisprudence" (qualification "Master", 2 years of study, full-time and extramural forms).
Education in the profile "Legal regulation of business activities" is carried out according to the main vocational educational program of higher vocational education of the bachelor's degree.
Graduates of this specialty are in demand as:
· judges in arbitration courts, deputy judges;
· lawyers, advocate's assistants in lawyer formations;
· in state power and local self-government bodies, the Central Bank of the Russian Federation;
· lawyers and consultants of leading financial organizations, in banking, investment, insurance spheres, as well as organizations of production, foreign economic, consulting (audit, marketing) and turnover of immovable property spheres.
The Institute of law and business successfully implements the following master's programs:
· Tax, international tax, and financial law.
· Legal support of economic activity.
· Lawyer in real estate, urban planning, and natural resources spheres.
· Lawyer in human resource management sphere.
· The lawyer (representative) in the civil and administrative proceedings spheres.This specialty is the highest level of classical legal professional University education.
Institute of Additional Education
Director: Nesmeyanova Svetlana Eduardovna
Doctor of Juridical Sciences,
Address: 23 Komsomolskaya St., office 319, 320, 407, Ekaterinburg, Russia 620137
Telephone: +7 (343) 375-14-11
Deputy Director of the Institute: Kalinina Ekaterina Gennadievna
Candidate of Juridical Sciences
Main activities of the Institute of Additional Education:
· education in advanced training programs,
· education in professional retraining programs,
· specialized courses,
· individual education,
· information and training seminars, business trainings, conferences, webinars.
The Institute of additional education was founded on March 19, 2018 on the basis of educational divisions: Institute for Advanced Training and Retraining of Personnel, Department of Additional Education and Department of Training and Advanced Training of Judges.
Education at the Institute of additional education is in demand by employees of commercial and non-profit organizations, including state (municipal) employees, as well as persons whose professional activities are related to the effectuation of justice.
The Institute of additional education offers different forms of education:
· short-term and long-term programs;
· off-the-job and on-the-job education;
· stationary and field classes;
· compulsory and voluntary, additional or blended education, including e-learning and distance learning technologies.
The Institute provides a wide range of educational services:
· training of lawyers improving their professional level;
· providing additional knowledge in the field of law;
· training in related, non-legal areas of knowledge;
· conducting lectures and seminars for leaders and specialists of all levels.
In the course of training, students receive qualified consultations from leading specialists, exchange experience with their colleagues from other regions, establish business relations with new partners.
upon completion of education, students are issued educational documents (diplomas on professional retraining, giving the right to conduct a new type of professional activity, allowing them to acquire a new qualification; certificates of advanced training, confirming improvement, obtaining new competency or improving professional level within the qualification) in accordance with the completed educational program.
Institute of Special Educational Programs
Director: Sivoplyas Alexander Vladimirovich
Candidate of Juridical Sciences
Address: 19 Studencheskaya St., office 212, Yekaterinburg, Russia 620034
Deputy Director of the Institute: Kaus Natalia Alekseevna
Deputy Director of the Institute: Andreev Alexander Vladimirovich
Deputy Director of the Institute: Nikolaeva Darina Alekseevna
Deputy Director of the Institute: Novikova Natalia Alexandrovna
Candidate of Juridical Sciences
The Institute of special educational programs of USLU was established in 2013 on the basis of the Extramural department and the Department of Reduced Educational Programs that existed in the university for many years. The extramural department was formed on the basis of the Sverdlovsk branch of the all-Union law extramural Institute, which was reorganized into the extramural department of the Sverdlovsk law Institute in November 1951. After the Department of distance learning, the Department of external studies, and the USLU representative offices in other cities appeared as a part of the department in the late 1990s, the department was called Regional Extramural Department for some time. The first dean of the Extramural department was a Candidate of Juridical Sciences, Associate professor, Honored Lawyer of the RSFSR N. A. Rodionov, who headed it for a record 36 years (from 1953 to 1989). Then the department was headed by A. S. Smykalin (now – doctor of juridical sciences, professor, head of the department of state history and law at Ural State Law University), candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor I. M. Blinkov, doctor of juridical sciences, professor, honored scientist of the Russian Federation I. Ya. Kozachenko. The Department of Reduced Educational Programs (DREP) was established in 2001 for training students who already have a secondary vocational (legal) education.
In 2018, the Institute of special education programs included the department of secondary vocational education that was founded in 1994, and the Evening department, founded in 1956.
Department of Postgraduate and Doctoral Studies
Head of the Department: Zipunnikova Yulia Nikolaevna
Address: 21 Komsomolskaya St., office 212, Ekaterinburg, Russia 620137
Telephone: +7 (343) 374-30-07
Working hours: Mon-Fri from 9:00 to 17:30 break from 12:30 to 13:30
The Department of postgraduate and doctoral studies of the Ural State Law University is a structural division of the University, which carries out organizational and methodological support for the University's activities in providing educational services in the field of training highly qualified personnel.
The main aims of the Department are:
· organization and coordination of structural divisions activities in the field of training and certification of scientific and scientific-pedagogical personnel within the framework of the USLU unified educational policy implementation;
· organizational, managerial and scientific and methodological support for training highly qualified personnel through postgraduate studies, attaching persons to prepare a dissertation for the candidate of sciences degree without mastering the training programs for scientific and pedagogical personnel in postgraduate studies; attachment for passing candidate exams, doctoral studies.
The main objectives of the Department are:
· preparation of analytical materials on modern requirements in the field of training of scientific and pedagogical personnel for University structural divisions;
· organizational and methodological support for postgraduate admission; attaching persons to prepare a dissertation for the candidate of sciences degree without mastering the training programs for scientific and pedagogical personnel in postgraduate studies; attachment for passing candidate exams, doctoral studies;
· organization, information and methodological support of measures for the development and implementation of basic educational programs for training scientific and pedagogical personnel in postgraduate studies;
· organization and control of educational and research activities on postgraduate training programs for scientific and pedagogical personnel;
· control and methodological support of licensing and accreditation requirements for postgraduate training programs for scientific and pedagogical personnel;
· posting of mandatory information in the field of training of scientific and pedagogical personnel on the University's website.
The process of cooperation between USUE and foreign universities is actively developing. In particular, with the Paris-Est University and University of Picardie Jules Verne (France). This is reflected in the preparation of postgraduates’ PhD theses under the joint French-Russian scientific guidance. Postgraduate students of USLU carry out research work under the supervision of the French University Professor, as well as the USLU Professor, Doctor of Juridical Sciences. After successfully defending a thesis presented in both Russian and French at the USLU Dissertation Council with the invitation of scientists from France, a postgraduate student is awarded the Candidate of Juridical Sciences degree and the Doctor of laws degree in France. The first postgraduate student who defended his thesis for Candidate of Juridical Sciences degree and Doctor of laws of France in 2003 on the topic "Written evidence in the civil procedure of Russia and France" was Igor Gennadievich Renz. He is currently an assistant professor at the Department of Civil Procedure. Currently, five theses under the joint French-Russian scientific guidance have already been defended at the University.
Today, well-known scientists, doctors of law, heads of the University's leading scientific schools are engaged in training highly qualified personnel at USLU.
Preparatory Institute (Faculty)
Director: Maria A. Bazhina
Candidate of Juridical SciencesDeputy Director of the Institute: Voronova Tatiana Leontievna
Address: 23 Komsomolskaya St., office 517, Yekaterinburg, Russia 620137
Telephone: +7 (343) 375-52-32;
Preparatory Institute (Faculty) is a department of Ural State Law University named after V.F. Yakovlev (hereinafter – USLU).
Aim of Praparatory Faculty is to prepare students for their future study at USLU.
- Russian language as the foreign language;
- Courses for preparing for entering exams (for students who know Russian language).
Forms of education:
- offline (in person);
- online (distance form).
Detailed information on the courses you can get in a special section on the site: https://eng.usla.ru/study-at-uslu/preparatory-department.php